Translate

.

Thoughts are much appreciated!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Dreamcatcher

Sitting here on the edge, i look down upon all the little lights glittering below my toes. I am on the top of the world, with only a cup of wisdom in my hand. I can do anything i want. But what? I ask this question every day. Every second. WHAT TO DO?
I have the world at my feet and all i do is sit there and gaze. Being a Sagittarius, i change my mind a lot. I am okay with this though. I like to experience new things, and have new ideas flutter across my mind.

A Little girl sits in class learning about "Growing up", the teacher passes out a piece of paper explaining to think about what they want to be when they "Grow Up" and to write it down, and draw a picture of themselves in that profession. The little girls mind goes wild. She often dreams of being a ballet dancer, but also wants to be a mom, and then creates an entire life with here little mind. She smiles and draws a picture of her holding a baby wearing a ballet tutu. Soon enough the little girl "Grows up" and realizes its nearly impossible to live off of dancing in ballet, gets a full-time minimum wadge job and tosses the dream she once had in the trash. She also realizes that babies are by no means easy, and puts that dream in the back of her mind.

Why cant life be as simple as writing down what we dream and drawing a picture and having it come to life?

Well, as i was before, I will sit with the world twinkling at my toes listening to Bob Marley, and holding the cup of wisdom and dream my dream of what i want to be when i "Grow Up".

No comments:

Post a Comment